Buoyant property market benefiting other sectors

The buoyant property market has reaped benefits not only for developers in Singapore but also for related sectors such as interior designers and renovation firms.

Interior design firm SuMisura is one such company that has seen higher sales on the back of a property boom. The company, which performs design work for show flats, said such projects boosted the firm’s sales by 15 per cent last year.

Projects from developers accounted for 70 per cent of revenue last year, the company said, adding that the individual customers who made up the remaining 30 per cent were also inspired by their visits to the show flats it had designed.

“Once they see that and they feel it, and after buying the unit, they would want to come back to the very same interior designer to create that dream,” SuMisura director Angela Lim said. “We get a fair bit of spin-offs from doing show flats. They call us and ask us to do up their flats, whether new or old.”

Paris-based luxury designer Hermes also joined in the action this year, partnering high-end developer SC Global to design the interiors of an apartment at The Marq.

Ms Helene Dubrule, general manager for Hermes Home Division, said: “We will have plenty of projects in Singapore. We have a beautiful store in Liat Towers which will be renovated in the next few years … There is a very strong interest from Asian customers here.”

Another company benefitting from the buoyant property market is Kitchen Culture, whose mission is to create well-designed and highly functional kitchens.

Fitting residential projects with trendy kitchens make up more than half of Kitchen Culture’s business, the company said.

In the first four months of this year, the company clinched S$11 million worth of projects to supply property developers with kitchens in homes in Singapore and Malaysia.

Source : Today – 2012 May 24

Advertisement

Comments are closed.